If you are ordering photo invitations, please refer to the following photo tips.
· To Get Started:
○ If you are using a digital camera, please turn the date stamp OFF.
○ If you are using a digital camera, please make sure the camera is set to its highest resolution.
○ Natural light is best. Try to take the photo during peak daylight hours.
○ If you are using a flash, stay in the flash range. Pictures taken out of flash range will be too dark. If you do not know your camera's flash range, then take the picture no further than five feet away.
· Picture Backgrounds:
○ Backgrounds solid in color are best. Patterns can take away from features and be distracting.
○ Black or white fabric that is not sheer and does not have shimmer and using natural lighting creates a beautiful shot!
○ Capturing the moment, instead of posing, makes great photos.
○ Specific aspects such as a baby's little hands, feat, ears, etc. are very sweet!
· Taking the Picture:
○ Stand fairly close, but not too close, above the object, or the picture could be out of focus.
○ If the picture is of people, the subjects may or may not want to look directly at the camera.
○ Try several different angles.
○ You can take several delayed shots of the same position, allows for movement and expression changes.
○ If you are taking a picture of a baby, focus on the baby in the picture; your goal is to fill the picture area with your baby's body.
· Sending the Finished Pictures:
○ When using a scanner, please clean the scanner top first. Any dust on the scanner will pick up on the picture that you send. Scan the pictures at 600 dpi, in color, for the best resolution/type of picture.
○ The file sizes of the pictures should be large. Try sending only 1-3 pictures per e-mail to prevent the e-mail system from shrinking the pictures. Attach the file to your order or e-mail photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
○ Please send the pictures in natural color. In some cases, we may be able to change them to black & white or sepia.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING SALES AND USE TAX
We collect and remit sales tax for shipments delivered in the State of Florida. We are not required to and do not collect sales tax in other states. Shipments to other states may be subject to sales or use tax unless the purchase is specifically exempt. Please note that there is no exemption from state sales or use tax based merely on the fact that a purchase is made over the Internet, by catalog, or by other remote means. Some states require that a consumer declare sales or use tax to be paid annually on the appropriate tax forms. Additional information may be found on the respective Department of Revenue website.